Building Community Resilience
AANHPI Mental Wellness Summit
Saturday, July 16, 9AM - 3PM
Tai Chi QiGong 18 Movement by Alice Moy
Stay tuned for more information about our 2023 Mental Wellness Summit!
Thank you for everyone that joined us on Saturday, July 16, 2022 for the Asian American Native Hawaiian Pacific Islander Mental Wellness Summit.
With the rise in anti-Asian hate, the isolation from COVID-19, and the perpetual foreigner stereotype for the API population, there is an increased need in cultivating and improving the mental wellness of our communities.
The Mental Wellness Summit tackled the taboo of mental illness, increase education regarding mental wellness, and promote resources for community members.
Saturday, July 16, 2022
Community College of Aurora
8:45 - 9:00 AM | Registration & Breakfast
9:15 - 10:15 AM | Whole Body Wellness Workshops
- Tai Chi QiGong 18 Movement by Alice Moy
- Pranayama for Self Care and Social Change by Catharine McCord
10:30 - 11:30 AM | Educational Mental Health Workshops
- Mental Health in the AAPI Immigrant and Refugee Community by Dr. Geri Tien
- Elevate Community Safety by Combating Anti-Asian Racism by Harry Budisidharta
11:30 AM - 12:30 PM | Lunch & Resource Fair
- Learn about mental health resources and local organizations.
- Lunch catered by Yuan Wonton, Pho King Rapidos, Mukja, and Cafe Ambrosia
12:30 - 1:30 PM | Educational Mental Health Workshops
- Suicide Prevention in AAPI Communities by Meghna Patta
- Mindfulness Practices for Healing Intergenerational Trauma by My Ngoc To
1:45 - 2:45 PM | Whole-Body Wellness Workshops
- Listening to Your Inner Self Through Dance and Movement by Ben Nguyen
- Navigating Anxiety Whole-heartedly with Kundalini Yoga by Dr. Lynn Tran
2:45 - 3:00 PM | Closing
This event was organized by CORE: Community Organizing for Radical Empathy and CACEN: Colorado Asian Culture and Education Network, with the support of Aurora Asian/Pacific Community Partnership and The Colorado Health Foundation.